Sunday, March 1, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Why I live is a small town....My SO flew into town Friday night. I picked him up at the airport in San Antonio and we headed to the hotel.  After a quick stop to check in we went out for dinner, and we returned to the hotel to settle in for the night.

The next morning after sleeping in we decided to head out. It was time to get something to eat. We stopped at the I HPO. The place was packed. ( it was about 12:30 pm ) We waited about 15 mins to be seated and when they showed us out table we started rethinking eating there. The place was elbow to elbow and the table wasn't  even big enough to put our plates on. We told then thanks but no thanks and left.

We headed on down the road and found a Denny's. This was looking ok. It was clean and not all that busy. We were seated and placed our orders and we waited... and waited and waited. While waiting we watch the coke machine break down and stop working... we watched someone drop dishes.. and we waited some more. We heard the waitress ask for our order a second time, and we waited some more. Now I understand that waiting is something you do when a restraint is busy, but this place wasn't that busy. Finally after waiting for 3o mins for two sandwiches  I decided that wait was over. I got up and informed them we were leaving, just as I heard our waitress ask for our order a third time.

We decided that the only way we were stopping again was when we got home to "small town" Texas. Maybe I am a little two country, but it really rings  true ,"There's no place like home". We pulled into town , stopped at the first place we saw and were at a table and eating all within a few mins. At last ,, life is good.. Today we are once again headed out of town and I am wondering if I should pack a lunch or take it in stride and hope for the best.. . I am gonna just go with it, who knows maybe this is God's idea of a new diet for me !!

The soon to be lbs lighter Simply_Pam


Quote of the Day:
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online