Friday, March 20, 2009

A face lift works wonders...

A few weeks ago I posted about a tacky old table that my sister had given me. At first I was just going to throw it out. Then I started thinking this is really old, but it is solid wood and was an expensive table once upon a time. So I decided to give it a new life. I am going to repost the before pictures and a couple of ones where I was working on it.

Notice it is suppose top have 6 nob's. It's seen better days.

DSCN0304

The next two are pictures of me sanding it for the new face lift.

DSCN0307_thumb[3]

DSCN0306_thumb[1]

After a lot of sanding and trying to decide what I wanted to do I can now show you the finished product and say that I am please that I didn't throw it away.. Are you ready ?.... TA DA....

The new and improved table.

DSCN0320

I decide to go with four nob's instead of six. I used some wood filler to fill in the  holes in the center of the drawer. I painted it a  dark chocolate brown and did a little stencil work on the top.  I am please with my new little table. It was a lot of work, but I really am glad I gave it a face lift instead of a lift to the trash. Now you know what keeps me busy. Next I am going to tackle a very large desk that I spent way to much money for years ago. With luck it will have a new life  as well. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I think I might be up to my knees in sanding and painting once again. I will keep ya posted!

Grins & Hugs  Simply_me

3 comments:

  1. thats stunning...some of my favorite stuff is old furniture people threw out...but the old stuff is solid and well built,with a make over...superb..

    ReplyDelete
  2. turned out nicely and now your at it again..gonna be tired.

    Tried to call..Charity is coming today around 1pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is well...simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online