Friday, April 24, 2009

Need some cheese with that “whine” ?

After working 12 and 1/2 today I came home to a dirty kitchen and a house that needs a little cleaning. Ok you say, You often come home to the same. Keep in mind that I just spend my days off fixing things around the house and putting in a new floor in the kitchen. 

Here is where my problem lies. My son, his girlfriend  and their baby live with me. The plan was that they were going to move in and help me with the bills for a few mo’s till they could get their own place. I’m good with this. After about a mo we found out that Stephanie was going to have a baby. Ok, a little glitch… I can work with this.

What I can’t work with is coming home and finding dirty dishes in the kitchen that have been there for 2 days. (and not my dirty dishes)My new kitchen floor with crumbs on it, and a house that needs a little attentions. I seem to be the only one that cares. I  understand that a baby is a lot of work, and that new parents don’t get a lot of sleep, but my grandson is sleeping all night now.( he is 2 mo’s old )His mother sits in her bedroom all day with him and “that is her job” so it seems.  She takes care of him and does laundry.(often leaving wet clothes in the washer and clothes in the dryer that I have to take care of, because they have gone off somewhere. If I say anything, I am the bad guy. I was telling my daughter the other day that I needed some help and she told me “ Mom she’s good for him,” end of subject. I am feeling like the “WIFE.” A few mo’s has turned into 2 mo’s short of a year. My son has always paid his share of the bills, that’s not the problem. The problem is that anything extra out of his pay check is spent and nothing has been put away for a “place of their own.” I am not trying to get them to leave. I would just like the “little mamma” to pitch in and do a few things around here. If I say anything my son get’s pissy. I am just tired and bitchy I guess, but coming home and finding my kitchen a mess and having to clean it doesn’t improve my outlook right now, when I know she has been sitting at home all day. It wouldn’t have taken her 45 min’s to clean the kitchen, sweep  and vac the floors.

I am entitled to whine now and then.. this is a now time.. thanks for listening…..          Simply_Pam

4 comments:

  1. The only way to solve problems is to communicate them..someone once told me this uhm..I think it was my mom ;)
    Hope tomorrow is a cleaner *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have to say something, even if they get angry, they have to know it is upsetting you. it is unacceptable, yes babies are hard work, but being at home all day with the baby does not mean no housework or cooking gets done...to show appreciation for being able to live with you (for what seems to be virtually rent free)the least she can do is clean up and make your home a nice place to walk into...when are they ever going to get a deal this good...

    i think sitting them down and explaining is the way to go, you are all adults....

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is ok to whine sometimes!! i think it is healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AGREE WITH SALLY AND MARIANNE...TSK...TSK...TSK..COMMUNICATION IS GOOD...AS LONG AS IT IS NOT ONE SIDED..BUT SHE CAN KEEP ON KEEPING ON BECAUSE SHE ALWAYS HAS...YOU KNOW IT..I AM SORRY...NOTHING NEW...YOU ARE A NICER PERSON THAN ME AFTER ALL...AND YES SHE IS GOOD FOR HIM...WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH IT... SO ARE YOU SWEET LADY.....SIS

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online