Friday, April 10, 2009

Hippity Hoppity…

thumbnailCAIYFJ2Z

"Here comes Peter Cottontail hoppin' down the bunny trail Hippity hoppity Easters on its way!"

 Today I was remembering what Easter was like when I was a child. That would be many many years ago. We always knew that Easter would bring a new Easter dress, shoes, and a hat. We knew that this would mean standing still so dad could get just the right picture after we were dressed to impress. We knew that it would mean going to my grandmothers for Easter Dinner after attending Easter service at church. While all these things were exciting we knew the Easter Bunny was going to pay us a visit.

What magic it was to wake up and find mom had gotten us a special Easter basket. The Easter Bunny had been busy at work in the night while we slept. Easter eggs, candy and other surprises  awaited us. It was then a mad dash to beat my brother and sister to the goodies.

I think that Easter might just be my fav0rite  holiday. Easter is a celebration of life and a reminder that "He lives," and because he lives we may some day live with him.

thumbnailCA3AIUEP

My hope is that you get to spend this holiday with those that you love

That your day is filled with laughter and fun

and that you take time to remember the real reason for this day of celebration.

 

Happy Easter…. simply_me

4 comments:

  1. happy easter to you too, this is a lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Easter to you too! I love this post! I have so many Easter memories, all good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I had not thought of that little Easter song in years, my dad used to sing it to me when I was little!

    Hope you and your family have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, thank you so much for visiting my blog. I am so happy to have you.

    I love your comments about Easter. When I was a little girl, I had a record with the bunny song on it. I loved it, and listened to it all the time!

    I also have very fond memories of new Easter dresses and pictures being made. Remember going to Sunday school, so proud of your Easter clothes?

    May God bless you. I pray you have a glorious Easter!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online