Thursday, April 9, 2009

Code Blue

Funny is what I like to post but sometimes serious is  on my mind. You never know when someone will take their last breath. Wednesday was my last night shift. I mean my very last. I am going to the day shift after working nights for 9 years. Less then an hour to go  on my shift, I had to call a code “Blue”. I made one last check on my pt’s and found someone not breathing. All I could think was OMG not on my last night shift. Please god don’t take this person. With God’s help, a good staff  working to save this person and the quick response of the EMS  my prayers  were answered. If I had not done that last check this story would have had a very different outcome. Life is unpredictable we don’t get to pick when we die, but we  can decide how we live. Never take for granted that life will go according to plans. Please take time to forget your anger  at someone, because if they should take their last breath, you would live with regret. Take the time to let those you love know that they are loved. Take the time to do something you have always wanted to do, if you wait it may never happen. Live life so that when you do take your last breath you know that “You didn’t miss the Dance”…   Simply_me


Quote of the Day:
Nothing is permanent in this world - not even our troubles."~

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more, life is too short, and what bothers us today, may be a distant memory in a few weeks...

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online