Friday, April 3, 2009

Life lived well….

This is one of the many reasons I do what I do. This is an e-mail we  received at work from a pt that  thought she was hopeless and found that life could be good again.

Good Morning,

Well, today is my 1 year anniversary of living a sober life.  It was birthday last night at my home group and they insisted I get my 1 year chip a day early.  WOW – what an awesome experience.  I wasn’t prepared to give a speech – but God spoke for me.

I look over this last year in amazement. . . .

My marriage and family relationships are much better and continue to grow stronger

I have peace in my heart

The self hatred and victim mentality is gone

I wake up in the morning feeling great and excited about the day

Received a promotion at work and a substantial raise

Became a hospice volunteer

Gave a presentation to the Space Station International Partners in Rome

Ran a half marathon

. . . and much more!!!!

I don’t sit on the couch feeling sorry for myself and drinking myself to death – I live life following God’s guidance.

One of my favorite sayings is: I am the builder, but God is the architect.

I thank God for putting LaHa and the aftercare group in my path to help me rebuild a relationship with him. 

With great respect and appreciation..

 

Due to privacy issues I have left off her name, but I’m sure you get my point here… Next mo we will have an annual reunion . It is a weekend to look back and visit with pts that have stayed on the right path and are living  with hope.

jump for joy 

Simply The Best..

La Hacienda Treatment Center

4 comments:

  1. Awesome blog- from name to the deseign, right down to the content. Congrats on the one year chip

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I think your..followers are mixed up a bit..but hey you got some great compliments mom!

    on the post it is a real reward when you hear back from someone you worked with/for..way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the very few pts like this one that cause me to go to work. Otherwise I might have quit a long time ago.

    Also, congratulations on your one year chip....Ha! Ha! just kidding.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online