Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This is my life in a nut shell…

I don’t know but my days just keep getting shorter. I am so busy with work and things happening here at home. I love summer,  but I find that when I start new projects, there are just not enough hours in the day. If you remember, with the help of my SO, we replaced the kitchen floor with new tile. I decided I could replace the dining room carpet with tile also. How hard could it be? No glue to scrap off the floor. Just pull up the old carpet and start laying tile. Wrong ! After pulling up the carpet, I found that I had to fill in hole and cracks. After working for a whole afternoon, I had blisters on my blisters. I had to wait for the cement to dry, which left me waiting till I worked 4 more 12 hour shifts. I don’t know about the rest of you, but when I start something I want to finish it. If I have to wait, I have a hard time getting back to it. Well it’s about 80% done, thanks to my daughter coming over and getting me motivated. I am hoping to finish it up before heading back to work on Friday.

On another note.. My son, his girlfriend and my grandbaby are moving out. They were going to stay a few mos till they got an apartment, that turned into a year and a grandbaby later. Oh ya say now nice… she will have her house back. Well to be honest, my sister is now moving back in. I am good with this as she has now been sober for over a year, has a good job and can help with the rent ect. It works for both of us. I could make it on my own, but there would be no extra cash for the “I want things.” Sis is excited about moving in and it’s all good right now. The house is a mess what with my son moving out.. me trying to put in a new floor and sis will be moving in this week. Things are out of place and it drives me nuts. I just want some order in my life ! lol. We will get it all put back together soon. Now you know what has been keeping me so busssssssy ! I am counting the days till I leave the mess behind and head to Miami and Key West… 2 weeks off work and a little vacations !!! Can’t wait….

                                                “This is my life at the moment ..”

                                                                                      Simply_me


Quote of the Day:
Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.

5 comments:

  1. oh no..the mess will be all taken care of BEFORE you leave..you will have me to help...I get quite a bit done now that I am sober...ask Bobby and Kathy...she doesn't know where I get all this energy, what with working and all....sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found myself in your shoes so often I could cry, but the final work will be worth it and you can be proud. Take some pictures and let us see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you deserve a break, i hope your son and his wife will help get things straight with the house, its a great way to show they appreciate all you have done for them.

    big deep breath, hold it, let it go, now do something just for you! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. she doesn't know where I get all this energy, what with working and all... Work from home India

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online